blog template

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wow..its been few months..im sorry!!!

A few days after my last post, Tornados ripped through the Southeast.  My area included. We are all okay..but several were hurt and lost everything. The F-5s ripped through an 1/8th of a mile from my house. We could see the circulation and the lightning going around in circles from our windows.  The kids were hunkered down in their bathroom complete with bicycle helmets on their heads and pillows and blankets under, beside and on top of them.... I don't think anyone expected the weather to be that bad.  We lost electricity for a week. Most cell phone towers were down.  Wierd thing was, even though we couldn't recieve text, or calls on our cell phone.Facebook still worked. This was one way we were able to find out if our friends and families were okay...
The next morning, we were able to get out of our neighborhood and the shock set in. Total devastation and destruction were everywhere around us.  The community pool was completely destroyed.  There were only slabs of concrete where houses once stood, total neighborhoods were wiped out.  We were some of the lucky ones.. There was NO harm to our neighborhood... I have no idea why God spared our neighborhood, but I am so thankful that he did.  Our 8 (then 7) year old son was praying non stop all morning and afternoon during these storms.

Enough about the sadness of the storms.....

Fast Forward to today.... My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. Yes, NINE years!! We celebrated by going to Cancun.. and visiting one of the wonders of the world.. Chichen Itza!~ It was pretty amazing.  The life that the Mayan people live is totally different than the way that we live and I am much more appreciative of what We as a family have, than I was before I went.. Upon returning home we moved into our new home.. The kids have really enjoyed it a ton!  We have a huge inground pool...and so far, our kids are having so much fun jumping and doing all sorts of tricks off the diving board.. It didnt take long for our middle child to get over her fear of deep water and start jumping in without a float. (All of two or three days, maybe)....
The baby even loves the pool. First thing she does every morning is run to the back door window and stare at the pool and point.. and boy does she get mad if ANYONE goes near the pool and doesnt take her!!!

My business has grown a bit since the last time I wrote as well. Upon moving to our new house, I have my own small sewing studio in one room.  This has been AMAZING!  Orders have been coming in like crazy.. So much so, that I can barely keep up (NOT COMPLAINING)...Its so much fun helping Brides design their dream gowns for their wedding parties..and in the very near future, I will have my own line of wedding gowns.. I've already been conjuring up all sorts of designs in my head!! What a fantastic thing!!

I sat down the other day after taking a small break from sewing some flower girl gowns, and I grabbed some spare fabric I had lying around and in less than 45 minutes, I had a new style dress all designed and sewn!  I made it so my daughter could model it and she LOVED that!  

I've been having a ton of fun doing this business and I've often wondered why I didnt start doing this years ago..... Its so hard to believe that I've only been sewing these gowns for 6 months now.... WOW.......

The German word for worry means "to strangle." The Greek word means to "to divide the mind." Both are accurate. Worry is a noose on the neck and a disstraction of the mind, neither of which is befitting for joy. So give your worries to the One who will take it all away! 




Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...