blog template

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pondering..

Today at church we were studying Solomon in Sunday School, when it was mentioned that commentators all believe that Solomon was around 20 years old, when God asked him "if he could have anything, what would it be". Instead of choosing riches, and things of the sort, he choose Wisdom.

I've always viewed being "wise" as something that comes with age, but that isnt it at all. As some else else stated in class today "We should be be praying for Wisdom for our children, youth, etc?".

You can make wise decisions at any age. You can be wise at any age as well. Yes, you grow more wise as you age, but thats because over time you learn from your mistakes...but asking God for wisdom and discernment! Wow!

Can you believe that! Awesome.

In other things.....
I've been trying really hard to understand my oldest child lately. HE's exactly like me, but a lot smaller. The reason he and I butt heads all the time is because we are just alike. We argue, (ALL THE TIME) over the most ignornant things.. "Why?" I have no idea. We both feel the need to prove that we are right and the other is wrong.

My oldest brother and I were like this growing up. Now that we are much older, we get a long a lot better...I don't want to wait nearly 30 years for my son and I to get along. He's the sweetest child in the world with a heart of gold! He constantly worries about children in other countries yet he's spoiled rotten! He knows MUCH more that I did at that age, but sometimes I wonder if he knows too much! He's a smart kid! But because he is so smart, he gets himself into trouble. He KNOWS he is intelligent and its because of this he thinks he knows EVERYTHING.

Im working really hard to not argue with him so much but its so hard. Maybe "I" need to pray for Wisdom and discernment!

But after all that is said and done...I think back to my earlier posting about Solomon. How many 20 year olds today would pray for such a thing?

How many 30 year olds? 40? 50? Would most of us not pray for Riches, Popularity, Love, Cars, Houses, etc????

If given the opportunity to have ANYTHING we wanted....What would we say?

because Solomon didnt say those things. Instead he said "Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?" (I Kings 3:9) Solomon was asking for wisdom to be a good king.

Then God Answered:
"Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...