blog template

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This year has flown by..and other things..

Wow! It's Christmas time! Where in the world did this year go!
With the birth of our 3rd child 7 months ago, I guess things just started happening extremely fast.. Lets see. There was her Birth. Then the kids starting school. They both played soccer, so every single saturday was spent at the ball fields! Then as soon as they finished soccer, Cheerleading and Basketball started up!
This is what I've waited my entire life for! Ball field mom! :) But wow, with a new baby, its a lot HARDER than I ever thought it was.
Thankfully, I have a Baby K'tan to wear her with! If I didnt have that. I'd probably be miserable! I have seriously gotten my moneys worth with that!!!!!


Amongst other things!

I realised something pretty important yesterday....
I get so upset when I walk into my childrens bedrooms and I see that it looks like WWIII has broken out! Clothes, Toys, Games, Coloring books, etc...E V E R Y W H E R E !!!!!!

Then I walk into their closet and WOW!!!! What in the heck has happened? Its even worse, but in a smaller space!! I get so upset when I see this.
So I either make them clean it, or wait till they are at school and I clean it!

So yesterday, I cleaned my oldest childs closet and bedroom! Its spotless. Doesnt even look like a child lives in that room anymore!! I can't tell you how many scraps of paper that I threw away, broken toys, crayons. etc!

I found socks that Have been missing for MONTHS!!! After it was all said and done, and I was exhausted.. THe room looks GREAT!
Then I come into my own room, to put some clothes away and my closet actually looks WORSE than my kids closets! :(

I have SOOO MANY CLOTHES! and embarassing as it sounds. I still have some stuff packed in containers that are labled "After Baby"!
I have come to a decision that I have, without a doubt. HAVE TO GET RID OF SOME OF THESE CLOTHES!!!! I will donate, instead of selling them. Because, pretty much all my clothes are good quality and most are name brand! They are all in pretty decent, if not "like new" condition. So I will donate them to various places!
In doing this. I am also, going to quit stuffing clothes into my dresser drawer, but be more like a friend of mine that HANGS all our her clothes up. (with the exception of certain items).

I feel that cleaning out my closet, will be a lot like Cleaning up my body/heart/soul! Not that My body/heart/soul is dirty of anything...but its a lot in the same. It takes time. It can't be done all in one day, and it takes prayer!
Decluttering is good for the mind.body.spirit.soul! and I intend to declutter like crazy! Of course, this will have to wait until after Christmas, as there is just way to much going on at the moment, but I will get it done.

this is not a new years resolutions, as those never work out. Instead its a promise to myself.my family. my house!

A clean house/with as least amount of clutter as possible is also a healthy house.

I vow to hang up more of my clothes (and my husbands and kids) so that we are no longer the wrinkled family....TO leave as little as possible to cram into dresser drawers (Ok, lets face it) when your closet is overflowing and you can't close your drawers, YOU'VE GOT TOO MANY CLOTHES.. -I definately fall into this!

3 comments:

  1. No idea you had a different blog, lol, other than Steph's Designs. Nice to bump into you on here!

    I'm on the same clothing journey ... trying to hang most everything up. Exceptions (for me) are jammies, undergarments, and painting/project clothes. It was really hard to get to this point, but it's worth it :)

    Have fun cleaning out and simplifying; there's more room to enjoy life without the clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also decided to do this after Christmas, I did find that when I used to hang all of my clothes up (with the exception of delicates etc) they always looked better, I didn't accumulate so many clothes and since they looked better I was less likely to go out shopping for yet even more clothes...

    As it is now, because this master bedroom was an addon there isn't a closet in our room, we have clothes stashed everywhere! Two overflowing dressers, clothes folded and stacked on top of those, clothes hanging in the laundry room and even some in my kid's closet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Thanks for following! I try to keep this one updated some! :)
    Thanks!!

    Tiff.. Im the SAME WAY. I can't BELIEVE how many clothes our household has!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...