blog template

Monday, January 3, 2011

ewThe challege started today!

It wasn't near as hard as I thought it was going to be. Reading several chapters in the Holy Bible.
I didn't have a great night last night. Two of our three children were up pretty much all night. One suffering from horrible leg cramps, and the other, an ear infection!  :(

So today, even though I was exhausted and sleep deprived, I put on my Challenge hat and sat down with my Bible on the couch and started reading. It was a LOT of reading and I kept finding myself re-reading certain passages. I've read through most of Genesis before, but never with the heart that I am doing with it now.

Here I was, sitting on my couch. I had to stop a few times to finish up a dance battle with my oldest daughter (Xbox Kinect game).-She and I have been doing a dance battle since Christmas. Almost everyday our family enjoys game time together. We battle through a dance game or an adventure game! Family time is fun!
Back to my discussion. So I had to stop a few times because it was my time to battle my daughter in the dance game. I think she beat me a couple of times, but then I went right back to my reading.

As many times as I was supposed to read through the begats in Genesis growing up. I've never done it to this magnitude with an understanding heart! An although this Reading the Bible in 90 days is supposed to be about READING the bible cover to cover and not studying the bible. I find myself going over and over in my head about certain things I've read. Why did this happen. What did God mean by this? etc. etc.

I remember growing up and even in recent years when I've tried to make a plan to read the bible I would easily get distracted from doing it, or  I would find a reason not to do it.  Today I am finding that not only SHOULD  I be reading this, but I HAVE TO  read this!  I have to do this challenge!  It is something that I've been needing to do for years but have lacked the motivation to do so.

I am thrilled that over 700  people are doing this challenge with me. Its very exciting! 
I hope that anyone that is following this blog will be inspired to do a challenge of their own.
It's a New Year.  It's a New Blog.  It's a New Me!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look at the blog, by the way.

    I love your commitment and your desire; it's going to be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...