blog template

Friday, January 7, 2011

Exodus: Day 1


Exodus 1:1-15:18

Wow! Can yo believe it! Genesis is over and Exodus reading has begun!
Today's reading was excellent! I was able to read much about Moses from the events surrounding his birth, to the point where he parted the waters of the Red Sea.

One of my favorites verses of this is found on Exodus 3:14. (I have a few verses that I will be putting in this post).

“I am who I am”
“The Lord, The God of your fathers-The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob- has sent me to you' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

This is what the Lord wants us to know! HE is God! HE is “I AM” This is what WE are supposed to refer to him as! It's as plain as day, written right there! This is HIS name forever, the NAME which he is to be REMEMBERED for generations to come!

Another part, that I love about this:
Exodus 4:10

Moses said to the Lord, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tonque”
The Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mnute? Who gives him sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go, I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.


What an awesome thing! This really spoke to me!
Because it just reminded me that no matter what we believe we can or can not do, GOD will
help us! He does not CHOOSE the QUALIFIED. The QUALIFIES the CHOSEN!
This means that God can use me for anything he desires to, no matter my education or experience, because he is the Sovereign GOD and He can do ANYTHING he desires!

How amazing is that to know that GOD will help us through that. Even Moses was afraid but God worked that out for him, and he'll do the same for us!


“In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling” _Exodus 15:13

“The Lord will reign for ever and ever”
Exodus 15:18

Photobucket Photobucket
 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Awesome...what great verses you culled from all those we've had to read today, too! Love your writing so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! I enjoy your writing as well!!! :) I am Loving Faithful Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,

    I LOVED YOUR VERSES! I love it when women can truly build meaningful relationships on a foundation of SCRIPTURE. This camaraderie we're building might one day be one of the friendships that preserves our faith in the darkest of times! I love you! Keep seeking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sue!!!!! :) Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...