blog template

Tuesday, January 25, 2011



How in Earth have I not known about Coconut oil before now!
A sweet lady, and friend recently told me about Coconut oil and about all it can do for your body.
At first, I was a bit skeptical, but she told me to use some on my sons severely chapped lips. I finally FOUND some after looking for it for almost 2 weeks, and of course my local Publix was out of it.
Yesterday they finally got it in and I was so happy.
I put a little on my sons lips and today they  look SO MUCH BETTER!

She had mentioned to me a few of the things that she uses it for.
Bruises, Infections, Cuts & Scrapes, Hair, etc.
I wasnt sure If I wanted any type of OIL used for Cuts and Scrapes.
But I decided to do a little research.

Here is what I found out:
The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc.  Here is where I found the info at.



Did you know that Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for your hair. It not only helps hair growth and shine.You can actually take a bit of the oil, and massage it into your scalp (Sounds delightful..who doesnt love scalp massages!!!) and then you can also put it on your hair, from the roots to the ends, and wait an hour and then wash it out.
If you choose, you can put a shower cap on your hair, and leave it on over night and wash it out in the morning, and BAM! You have beautiful shiny hair!
Its great for dry scalps too! And the best part, YOU CAN USE IT, no matter your age.
Even on babies, Also, by massaging this oil on your head, it can release MENTAL FATIGUE!

 It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care.


WOW!!!!! I still can not believe I didnt know about this stuff earlier in my life!
There is so much information out there on the uses and wonders of Natural ingredients, and NO im not asking you all to run out and buy some coconut oil. But I am just sharing my simple amazement in it.
This doesnt even tell you half of what you can use this for.  I am currently researching more on it to find out more uses, becuase I am not pretty sure after the results I saw just overnight with my son, this will be a staple in my house from now on.

For the record, my friend who told me about this is from another country, where the use of natural ingredients instead of "western medication" is used mostly.  They may be onto something.
While prescriptions are wonderful for some things, I do think that natural products are just as great or better for other things!
This is something that Im excited to find. It can be eaten, infact, many people cook with it, just the same as they do with Olive Oil or Vegetable oil.  Its just so happens that It can be used topically as well for skin irritations and skin treatments. I love it because its safe for my family, and has so many benefits!



Oh and another tiny bit of information that I found very interesting..
Its used by Athletes before races and such!

Finally, coconut oil is often preferred by athletes and body builders and by those who are dieting. The reason behind this being that coconut oil contains lesser calories than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.



Ok, now...If you are reading this still (Im sorry its a bit long) and you are in my 90 day Bible Reading Challenge with me..
I'm right on Target and staying on tract!
Todays reading is 2nd Samuel 12:11-22:18
For some inspirational reading and daily devotional to go along with 2nd Samuel 12:11-22:18Please head over to:
Photobucket Photobucket
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I knew coconut oil was good, but I didn't know about all that. Thanks for the info and links!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments, insight and encouragement mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that God blesses you wonderfully today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...